The Kala U-BASS is truly a ground breaking short scale (20") bass that produces the same pitches as a standard bass instrument and is tuned in traditional bass tuning, EADG. The U-BASS is strung with proprietary polyurethane strings that incorporate a great bass feel with balanced tension. The U-BASS is a true pleasure to play.
What's amazing about this bass is the incredibly big sound it produces. Close you eyes and you'd think you were hearing an acoustic upright bass. The U-BASS is gaining popularity with many pro bassists because of its highly portable size, fat-sweet sound, and excellent playabilty. It's great for both live performance and studio work and is excellent with all types of ensemble settings, small and large. Take one to your next gig. Your fans will love it.
· Mahogany back and sides
· Solid Spruce Top
· Mahogany neck
· Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
· 16 frets
· 20" scale
· Custom Die Cast Tuners
· Pahoehoe Polyurethane strings
· Custom Kala and Roadtoad logo inlays
· Custom Shadow bass pickup with 4 individual piezo elements
· Separate compensated saddles for each string
· Includes a deluxe custom U-Bass embroidered logo gig bag and strap